First of all, thanks for all your supportive comments and advice.
My solution to a crappy week of runs? Mexican food with Sean, one of my besties and her fiance! (Oh wait, that wasn’t an option y’all gave…?)
And I took it easy today too and just did a little abs/stretching.
I don’t know why it’s taken me so long to finish up the RIT review. These are the other reviews:
What I Liked:
- I really liked the whole warm-up, honestly
- The second exercise in the warm-up you are in a side lunge and you move over to the other side without standing up. This sounds easy, but made me really sore. But the good kind of sore.
- The third exercise in the warm-up you do a side crunch/knee lift. Don’t know if that makes any sense, but I feel like my obliques get left out way too much normally, so I was happy to be doing this
- All of the ab moves were hard, but good. I’ve been trying to focus on strengthening my core more, so I really appreciated the hard workout there
What I Didn’t Like:
- Uhh how perfect all three of them look while working out. I am a sweaty mess and they look like they’re coming out of the salon. Rude.
- Static squats with overhead presses. OW.
- There was a move where you walked into a downward dog (that was a horrible way to describe this) and then you held one knee and up towards your chest and then switched to the other. The switch wasn’t very clear so I had to try to balance and watch the tv while still holding good form…. Eh, not impressed.
Overall: I really liked the whole DVD. I loved that every week you changed, but I think one thing I might do differently if/when I do the whole challenge again is to do each week for 2 weeks, increasing my weights the second week. I definitely recommend it for a good, quick, overall strengthening workout (which is perfect for me since I normally work out before I go to work). It’s a little hard on the legs, especially when you’re trying to add in distance each week, so be mindful of that. Am I ripped now? Nah, I don’t think so. But I do think I’m stronger, and I think it’s important to note that I only did it 2-3 times a week and I didn’t follow her nutrition plan, I ate what I wanted. Oh, and if you’re interested, you can buy it here (thanks, Amazon):